Let’s just start with the most important statement: We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data.
Note: Our site is designed to serve adults—leaders and professionals. We do not knowingly collect children’s data.
LEADistics LLC (referred to as “LEADistics,” “we,” “us,” “our”) is the controller and responsible for your personal data. Here’s how to reach us:
LEADistics LLC, 2909 River Vista Way, Mount Pleasant, SC 29466; for any privacy or data related questions, please reach out to our DATA REPRESENTATIVE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third-party Sites or Resources
Our site includes some links to third-party websites or resources. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
Collecting Personal Data – The WHAT and HOW section
Data we may have varies based on whether you are a guest of our site or an event, a client, or a vendor/supplier.
You may have shared your data with us DIRECTLY, by:
- Completing a form, calling, or sending an email,
- Making a purchase of services,
- Entering a contest, drawing, or give-away,
- Requesting marketing items, reports, or free resources, or
- Providing information to facilitate invoicing or payment.
Most often, the personal data or information you’ve shared includes:
- Contact Data. An email address, and sometimes a phone number.
- Identity Data. Your first and last names.
Other types of data are user specific. For example, a client or vendor may share their address. Coaching clients may share data to support their experience, such as their current employer and role, desired results, and we also keep notes on actions and progress toward goals.
Finally, we do not collect any personal information about race, ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, health, religious affiliation or beliefs, union membership, or any other “special categories of personal data.”
Use of Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Legitimate Interest. This means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by emailing email@example.com.
- Examples.Here are some of the ways we use information.
- Enable you to access and use our membership / learning platform.
- Respond to requests for speaking and event proposals, via email or phone.
- Provide requested materials via email, for example, a free report where a site guest or client “opts in.”
- Send resource information, for example, an email series responding to an “ask me anything” at a group event.
- Process your orders and maintain your account with us.
- Send informational updates on the topic of leadership, with announcements on any new course or service opportunities (“marketing”) via email.
- Provide a personalized coaching or course experience, via our private membership portal, face to face, or other virtual delivery.
- Promote engagement in your learning and development.
- Purchases. We request information from you on our order forms. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
- Opting Out. You are able to opt out of a specific email series or all marketing using unsubscribe links OR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharing.We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
- Transfers.Our operation is based in the United States; we do not transfer any personal data to locations outside the United States.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information to our site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and “https” at the beginning of the address of our site.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Cookies, Google Analytics, and “Do Not Track”
We use “cookies” on this site and employ Google Analytics reports to understand how our site guests interact with our site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s device (computer or mobile phone). These allow a site to store things like user preferences, so that a site remembers you.
Cookies can remind you of items in a shopping cart. They can also enable us to better understand your interests to enhance your experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information (your name, email, address, etc., as described above) on our site. However, if you are a client or subscriber, a cookie will let us know that you took an action such clicked a link in an email to read a blog post or visited a specific page on our site. Client-specific information is not stored or maintained on the LEADistics website.
All browsers allow you to change cookie settings, usually accessed from an “options” or “preferences” menu item. You could also use the “Help” option for your particular browser.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal. According to the Future of Privacy Forum (https://allaboutdnt.com), “There is no consensus yet on how the companies you encounter should interpret DNT. As a result, most sites do not currently change their practices when they receive a DNT signal.” We currently do not have any configurations to respond specifically to DNT signals.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as professional role). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our site and services.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- Have us delete any data we have about you. Note on data related to coaching engagements: For professional certification, we are required to keep information on clients, including hours coached, agreement, fees, purpose and goals, progress notes, and date of coaching relationship termination, for a period of five years.